Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

st2000lm003 sht?

June 11th, 2021, 18:12

I have st2000lm0 with a bad head number 3, I don't understand anything about this, but on the forums they say that you can turn off zone number 3 from the broadcast and specify a new LBA range. I do not have money to buy programs, can someone share the SHT program from version 4.0.9 and newer? and instructions on how to do this, otherwise I'm afraid to ruin the disk, I would be very grateful to you.
Attachments
log2_terminal.txt
(26.36 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Log_terminal.txt
(154.7 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
INFORMATION(0).txt
sth demo
(34.56 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

Re: st2000lm003 sht?

June 12th, 2021, 2:49

kereeshin228 wrote:I have st2000lm0 with a bad head number 3, I don't understand anything about this, but on the forums they say that you can turn off zone number 3 from the broadcast and specify a new LBA range. I do not have money to buy programs, can someone share the SHT program from version 4.0.9 and newer? and instructions on how to do this, otherwise I'm afraid to ruin the disk, I would be very grateful to you.

SHT no good. She turns off the heads for repairs. and Kills the data. To restore data, you only need a complex. Loading special firmware in ROM and RAM. to exchange the broadcast for bypassing the bad head.

June 12th, 2021, 8:28

Tomset wrote:
kereeshin228 wrote:I have st2000lm0 with a bad head number 3, I don't understand anything about this, but on the forums they say that you can turn off zone number 3 from the broadcast and specify a new LBA range. I do not have money to buy programs, can someone share the SHT program from version 4.0.9 and newer? and instructions on how to do this, otherwise I'm afraid to ruin the disk, I would be very grateful to you.

SHT no good. She turns off the heads for repairs. and Kills the data. To restore data, you only need a complex. Loading special firmware in ROM and RAM. to exchange the broadcast for bypassing the bad head.

Sorry, I didn't say right away, there is no data on the disk, it is empty. It turns out that I can't cope with one program without firmware? Where can I get the firmware?

June 12th, 2021, 9:00

SHT a complete set with burns costs about $ 800 . And what's the point of paying so much for repairs?
It seems that there was a promotion for $ 100, without burns. But burns on one family is 1500$
I do not know if there are burns on the M9. You can't turn your head off without burn.

June 12th, 2021, 9:09

Tomset wrote:SHT a complete set with burns costs about $ 800 . And what's the point of paying so much for repairs?
It seems that there was a promotion for $ 100, without burns. But burns on one family is 1500$
I do not know if there are burns on the M9. You can't turn your head off without burn.

Is it necessary to turn off the head? What if you just exclude zones from the broadcast? What will happen? Can't I use the disc?
p.s: I was offered to buy SHT cheap but without burns.

June 12th, 2021, 9:36

if the bad head is still alive, but it fails, then you can remove it with zones. if the death's head is only a burn.

June 12th, 2021, 9:54

understood, thanks for the answers, it remains only to get the program, can someone share it for one day? Or does the program bind to one pc?

June 12th, 2021, 11:59

https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30878
Post a reply