All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Atola Vs PC3000
PostPosted: June 8th, 2009, 8:28 

Thank you Jesse for your comments.

Ok, maybe it is useful as the addition to PC-3000. I do not argue. But to make the true comparison we need to have the correct information. And the Atola Insight vs. Competitors chart gives some false features about the competitor products.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2009, 23:37 

The Atola Insight can be purchased for as little as $6,990. Price is $8,990 with the high-end imager (not quite $10,000). The pricing decisions are primarily made by Atola based on product capabilities. It is a high-end recovery product with firmware recovery features and a very impressive imager (among other things). My understanding is that the PC3000 UDMA costs more than the Insight without the data extractor module. So, long story short, I think the price is appropriate for a high-end data recovery suite that is new on the market (priced well below the established product on the market).

I apologize for listing inaccurate information on the product comparison. It was never our intention to attack or misrepresent the competition. I admit that were overly-aggressive in marketing our product without enough information about our main competitor's product. Ironically, I recently criticized Deepspar for doing that to us in another post on this forum. It's not in our interest to market our products by attacking our competitors because it ends up reflecting poorly on us anyway and ultimately hurting sales. We would not shoot ourselves in the foot that way. At least not intentionally.

I'd like to note in our defense that we retracted the comparison on our own a long time ago. I don't think it's been sent out in over 4 months (probably more).

PostPosted: June 9th, 2009, 2:13 

The price comparison might be correct for those countries, where PC3K is sold from
Deepspar as the representative of ACE. But: they include extra service within the
package - so the comparison is incorrect for all those countries, where one can buy
the PC3K directly from ACE. Thats even a much lower price than Atola Insight (USB)
costs.

Sorry, you are focused to the US market only.

If you would be a possible customer to choose / decide about a new tool:
1.) A well known and established product
2.) A new product, from a well known and respected pro
. . .- but close to double of price of #1

I bet you would choose #1 and buy an other tool for the rest of the money
or you save it for other expenses and are happy about that

+++
falther Vienna / Europe

PostPosted: June 9th, 2009, 2:44 

The cost of PC3K + DE after conversion from Euro to US$, it is slightly lower than US$6500 if purchase direct from Acelab. This is about the fair comparison.

However, PC3K is rather established so to win over the serious DR companies (most of them would already have PC3K anyway or intend to buy one), a lower price point may be more appropriate.

I also think Salvation Data is coming up rather strongly.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2009, 4:36 

One thing I like about Acelab is that they have not forgotten WHY they started in the first place. The product was for repair (Defect Add / SelfScan / Module Repair etc etc) of hard disks and still has this capability. Atola is sharply focused on data recovery and therfore is not really worth anything to me.

Better to cover the whole market rather than just a portion of it.
Also, Atola is coming into the market at a point where the whole data recovery field is saturated with PC3000 PCI/UDMA (Some SD Too), a very hard position to be in.. There would need to be some specific benefits to Atola where it would be price point or some high level functionality which the other products do not have.

My view... Atola is as expensive as PC3000 UDMA ... Salvage data is badly programed ... Atola does not have the high end functionality ...... PC3000 UDMA does what it says on the tin ;o)

PostPosted: June 9th, 2009, 7:39 

My opinion is: PC-3000 is the obvious leader, I paid about $6800 for PC3K UDMA with Data Extractor including delivery.
At first, the price seemed very high for me. Now I do not regret a day about my decision. Their product is deep, and I feel that I still do not use all functions it can do. What for to buy more products if one product can do all these things at once?

I agree with guru, that some extra feature is needed to be best than PC-3000. The best thing I like about ACE guys is that they make all products comprehensively. My customers bring me various cases and in most of them I can find the solution in PC-3000.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2009, 8:36 

It is obvious that PC3000 (Ace product) and Atola Insight (our product) are very different and aimed at different markets. Many of our customers use Atola Insight together with PC3000 and they are very happy with their choice to use both products.

I do not understand why Ace Lab has to defend their product like this (members mateomao, Creator, and Money fan actually represent Ace Lab).

See this link for more details:
dishonorable-business-practices-t12471.html

PostPosted: July 14th, 2009, 6:39 

Yes, I am fan of ACE, but not their worker as already claimed there.
When somebody says good things about any company, they are accused. When somebody tells bad things they are again accused. What for then to tell anything?
We all need to be more objective. Forums exist to help people express their opinions, and opinions are individua. We can agree with them or disagree. Obviously, it's good thing to exchange opinions. My point of view is the following, if anybody has another point of view, it's normal.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2009, 10:32 

Thanks, and here is my opinion.

I have legal, genuine ACE, direct from Ace in Russia. (Since 2002)

I will never buy their product again because..

a. Their supports sucks badly, I mean bad - and this goes back to 2002.

b. ACE updates and addition of new drives is very poor. They wait long, long time to release updates.

c. The cost to service / repair ACE pcbs is ridiculously expensive and takes LONG time.
( I suggest all potential buyers to insist on triplicate connector items at no extra cost)

d. The quality of some ACE components is very poor - Seagate SATA connector.

e. ACE withhold technology answers deliberately to wait for update and annual renewal.

No, I don't use Atola and No, I don't use SD and no I don't repair drives to sell, just DR

PostPosted: July 19th, 2009, 1:21 

That is the kind of feed back that I like.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 2:42 

can Atola tools recover 1.8" and 1.0" drives and mobile sim card ?
Thx!

PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 4:11 

@HDD Pig

1. This is the wrong forum

2. SIM cards are no hard disks - so please forget them in regard of HDD data recovery.

No tool itself is able to recover data - its always a person with specific knowledge
and skills using a tool to get the - hopefully - best result.

Your questions here an in other post show that you have no idea about this matter
so if your data is valuable - contact a pro.

+++

PostPosted: December 8th, 2009, 20:32 

meow wrote:
The cost of PC3K + DE after conversion from Euro to US$, it is slightly lower than US$6500 if purchase direct from Acelab.

WOW! Has this changed recently or do retailers really mark up this product for US buyers??

The quote I got from DeepSpar for these products was:

PC-3000 UDMA - $9,870 USD
Data Extractor - $3,650 USD

That's a far cry from $6500 for both products!!! What am I missing here?? At $6500 I could consider affording it. At over $13,000 it's a nice dream for me!

PostPosted: February 8th, 2010, 16:07 

If you are American you get screwed. Simple. :roll:

Stevens

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 3:32 

If one ever has experienced the service of Deepspar - then you know its worth every Cent.

And perhaps this is also a policy - out of experience - because a lot of buyers do need the service.
With such (higher) price Deepspar is covered to give that perfect and quick service to their customers.

+++

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 4:15 

I'll vouch for the the Deepspar technical support.

They are very knowledgable and helpful.

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 6:02 

Hello Everyone,
Can someone recommend me one of the three i.e. Atola insight, PC-3000 and SalvationData? I need a solution in the number of devices one can handle and the amount of success one can have.
As far I have found PC-3000 stands out but I have to convince my managers. I can't find any good comparison made on these devices in terms of result. Most of them include prices and easy of use.

I hope someone will help me out on this.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 10:53 

I have focused my business around PHYSICAL recovery. In this way, I have spent most of my resources on cleanroom and tools. It has been my experience that most of the highest paying jobs requires heads, physical alignments, platters, etc. and so I've focused my attention in this direction.

That said, Atola appeals to me in it's focus on Data Recovery (FW repair,etc) only, and NOT on REFURBISHING. In other words, PC3k,SD, etc have alot of functionality that is applicable to refurbishing and destructive to data. I have no interest whatsoever in that. My company is only interested in DR. So, I guess it depends also a great deal on WHICH functionality you want for YOUR purposes.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 0:43 

can someone please describe the differences in firmware repair capabilities between the pc3000 and atola insight (and SD HD Doctor Suite for that matter)? I know the insight is supposed to be more "automatic," but in manual mode does it have the same capabilities as the pc3000? is it in fact more automatic or do they share the "automatic" features? are there certain firmware problems that can/can't be fixed with one or the other?

i'm willing to buy any of the three products (until I can afford them all), but if the firmware capabilities of, say, the insight and pc3000 are the same, i'd obviously go for the cheaper atola insight (which i'm leaning towards) - especially given what pcrecovery says about the pc3000 doing so much more than just recovery.

my data recovery business is non-clean room - i refer that stuff to other companies. i already have a ninja and deepspar (which is fantastic) so I'm looking to fill the data recovery gap between clean room physical repairs and ddi's mastering of bad sectors - which (correct me if I'm wrong) pretty much leaves firmware repairs.

any help/thoughts appreciated. thanks!!

PostPosted: February 24th, 2010, 0:46 

I have found that ATOLA does not support seagate for firmware access as according to them is less in demand. This is very disappointing.