Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

view factory defect list

November 3rd, 2004, 12:48

The following functions are present:

The fastest exact diagnostics of a mechanical part of the HDD
Bad sectors repair
Monitoring of IDE registers
Opportunity to physically reduce size of the HDD (HPA function)
Automatic Acoustic Management — adjusting noise emanation level
SMART. Error logs. Running SMART tests and view attributes
Full HDD erasing
Work with security system of the HDD. Installation, removal of the password
Warm-up the HDD and test the HDD in extreme conditions
View factory defect lists
Packet testing of a set of drives.
And others possibilities...

Dmitry or Bastard:

if mhdd software can execute all of the above mention, I would like to find out how to "view factory defect list" for a hard drive. Please advise.

November 3rd, 2004, 13:26

i removed that crap. if you want, you can use mhdd 2.9 to view fujitsu and ibm lists...

November 3rd, 2004, 21:15

It's a nice feature .... don't know why you removed it. I was trying to read a defect list from a hitachi laptop drive since pc3k doesn't support it and I thought your software would.

thanks for the quick reply. :cool:

November 3rd, 2004, 21:44

typical-guy wrote:It's a nice feature ....

Could you explain me, for what? What to do with this feature?

MHDD add feautures

November 4th, 2004, 16:28

Dmitry Postrigan wrote:

Exactly, what is the use of VIEW defect list if you cannot update/erase. Ok maybe for
buying new HDD's but you can always check the SMART of the drive.

Or maybe ok for digging factory cmmands? :bebebe: I guess no harm in IBM G list and Quaxtor Defect lists because there not so confidential to people

Posted 4/11/2004, 22:33:

To be honest I don't really use MHDD but I thought it would be cool (Classe ;o) ) if you could add a feauture to make batch commands VIA task file ports?

say like IBM Format Unit command
Unlock IBM with TXT file of your own found master passwords , auto unlock if file found. Or even better!!! Add feature to extract ICES crypt/decrypt file from good drive :beer: but I guess that won't happen... Also Toshiba password decrypt would be nice.. will send you :thankyou:

guru wrote:
Dmitry Postrigan wrote:

Exactly, what is the use of VIEW defect list if you cannot update/erase. Ok maybe for
buying new HDD's but you can always check the SMART of the drive.

Or maybe ok for digging factory cmmands? :bebebe: I guess no harm in IBM G list and Quaxtor Defect lists because there not so confidential to people

November 5th, 2004, 13:32

Dmitry... I need the defect list for shiftpoints. If I can view that with mhdd, I won't need to scan for it.

:beer:
Post a reply