Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

why does my drive lost capacity?

August 3rd, 2005, 22:11

i have a IBM 60G harddisk,but os and bios recognize only 40G.why?
what can i do?

August 4th, 2005, 9:30

Here you go:
http://mhddsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4261

August 4th, 2005, 23:39

thank you very much!

August 7th, 2005, 5:57

i'm sorry .but there isn't some answers to my quenstion

August 7th, 2005, 12:57

Did you try nhpa and config?

August 9th, 2005, 1:08

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:Did you try nhpa and config?

yes,i have run nhpa and rhpa, it also shows 33GB.

August 9th, 2005, 9:14

Then you have jumpers set wrong. The drive has a sticker with all jumper settings. After you return jumpers on their places, you'll probably need to do nhpa/config again.

August 10th, 2005, 0:46

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:Then you have jumpers set wrong. The drive has a sticker with all jumper settings. After you return jumpers on their places, you'll probably need to do nhpa/config again.

thank you for your help ,i have do it as you say,but failed.

August 10th, 2005, 9:45

Ok, what are the jumpers now?
They should look this way:

J::J

August 11th, 2005, 0:33

Dmitry_Postrigan wrote:Then you have jumpers set wrong. The drive has a sticker with all jumper settings. After you return jumpers on their places, you'll probably need to do nhpa/config again.

yesterday morning ,i fixed the harddisk as you say ,but failed.then yesterday afternoon, fixed it using same order,but successed.why ?
today ,when i'm copying data from this drive ,the electricity cuted suddently,then this drive' capacity still is 33G.and when i try to fix it as yersterday ,but failed.why?
thank you.

August 11th, 2005, 9:56

Can you please do the following:

2. Run MHDD

3. Detect the drive (Press F2)

5. Press F10. You will have screenshot saved into a file.

7. Post the screenshot here.
Post a reply