Switch to full style
Discussions related to SalvationData products
Post a reply

About Flash Data Recovery Product

February 4th, 2009, 5:46

SSD is the undoubted trend of the future storage solution. SalvationDATA has launched its SSD recovery tool development project last year, and key breakthrough has been made to the foundation: Flash recovery.

The main difference and the advantage of this new Flash Recovery Tool compared is that SalvationDATA adopts the unique algorithm (Universal Arithmetic) for flash recovery, which is universal for all flash chips no matter what their brands or vendors are. That is to say we don't need to research every single type of flash in order to add it into our support list, the new tool will support all old, present and future flash chips right on its birthday. This breakthrough solution will be released worldwide in June, 2009.

Re: About Flash Data Recovery Product

February 4th, 2009, 7:42

It seems that SalvationDATA is developing very prosperous and powerful. That's so exciting!
Hope to see their products soon.

February 4th, 2009, 8:34

How can this be possible? there are many types of algorythms abd methods. How are translator methods and block numbers joined? Even brute force method could take up to 100 minutes with just 10 possibilities of algorythm parameters? And why the need for universal algorythm when you know media used block number 1, or translator method?

I am very doubtful that there is such a thing as universal algorythm :roll:

February 4th, 2009, 8:45

any indication of costs?

February 4th, 2009, 9:19

it is very Good For SD to develop such tool. we r ALL suppport..
But as usual..
make a Good and Quality product. and not just only Good in Black upper white.

February 4th, 2009, 10:51

Apparently it's going to be $999.

February 4th, 2009, 11:25

pcimage wrote:Apparently it's going to be $999.

You have a pretty good knowledge with flash media and algorythms, you think a single universal algorythm to recover all flash media is even possible?

February 4th, 2009, 11:58

:mrgreen: Let's wait and see

I was doubting their DC before if it works well but now i have no doubt I used it in my lab and i can definitely handle it with our other solutions very well. For their flash SSD, I hope it works without destroying my good impression to them.

Anyway, I am curious about the universal algorithms for all medias.

February 4th, 2009, 12:51

hddguy wrote:

You have a pretty good knowledge with flash media and algorythms, you think a single universal algorythm to recover all flash media is even possible?

Nothing is impossible. They have so far backed up their claims with working solutions. If they do pull it off, it will signal the end of pc3000 flash, not unless acelab release universal algorythm before SD.

February 5th, 2009, 4:25

the new tool will support all old, present and future flash chips right on its birthday
Would SD be prepared to give a money back guarantee on that basis?
I tend to find when a company makes any claim such as this they immediately fall flat.

I always remember that intel 386 motherboard and bought it on the basis it would for ever be upward compatible and upgradeable. The near immediate release of the 486 then Pentium pretty much killed off that claim.

Good to see a dedicated SD forum here. It kind of helps keep the equilibrium.

February 5th, 2009, 6:03

Dear ALL,

Thank you so much for your interest. Even there are some douts about our plan, however, as it is said :Nothing is possible.

If there is any news, I will keep all of you informed.

REgards

Laura

February 5th, 2009, 6:34

hddguy wrote:

In a word, no. Sounds like snake oil to me, but happy to be proven wrong!

February 5th, 2009, 21:53

Same answer for Harddrive.
is there a single translator for HD. ???? actually NOT

February 5th, 2009, 22:20

So far it sounds cool

February 6th, 2009, 6:40

Spiderman is cool, doesnt make him real :wink:

February 6th, 2009, 10:27

hddguy wrote:Spiderman is cool, doesnt make him real :wink:

That's what I partially meant :)

February 6th, 2009, 13:04

hddguy wrote:Spiderman is cool, doesnt make him real :wink:

WTF????? Spiderman not real? Another dream shattered. :cry:

February 6th, 2009, 13:19

You wait till somebody tells you the truth about the easter bunny!! :roll:

February 6th, 2009, 13:20

Think I saw the easter bunny and spiderman working on a universal algorythm of their own :lol: :lol:

February 6th, 2009, 13:29

According to SD website R & D is complete for this project and will be ready in May. Only a few months before people's negative opinions are proved right or for them to eat their words. :shock:
Post a reply