All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...

Post subject: Ultrasonic Bath / Cleaner - Your Research Versus Mine
PostPosted: August 18th, 2019, 14:15 

Hi Folks ,
My old pi$% poor " Ultrasonic Cleaner " that i had since ages its time is up .I am developing a small new lab with the following features as stated below .I would like to do the following things in this lab 1 : Cleaning Heads Of Mechanical Hard Drives , 2 : Cleaning Platters Of Mechanical Hard Drives , 3 : Physically Cutting Mechanical Hard Drives Heads And Doing Some Other Research Regarding Working Around Damaged Platters For Partial Data Recovery , I am already doing the same but i need a dedicated lab for this work as this work clutters my current cleanroom setup

Lab Features :

1 : Entire Room Is Filtered By External HEPA Filters ,Custom Made And Attached To Wall of This Lab
2 : A Laminar Flow Cabinet Fully Customized With Various Lights White ,Yellow And Green
3 : Stainless Steel Side Racks With Custom Storage Boxes For heads and platters including patients and donors
4 : Tools that are custom made and have nothing to do with brands like hddsurgery , apextools etc etc

I am wanting to know the make and model of the " Ultrasonic Bath " AKA " ultrasonic cleaners " you use .My today research is that we can get the following features

1 : Fixed 40 Khz frequency [ Or variable frequency , will that have any effect on our work regarding mechanical hard drives ]
2 : Heater or no heater function [ Whats the safe temperature for solvents we use if anyone has done that research ,As running the ultrasonic will increase temp automatically also ]
3 : Fixed of variable power

PS : I would then like to CNC a Special Jig for cleaning Heads and Platters of hard drives , If you do not want to discuss here ,please pm me

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: Ultrasonic Bath / Cleaner - Your Research Versus Mine
PostPosted: August 24th, 2019, 12:50 

Hey, just a short question about a very basic btw... do you use one-way gloves for your work under the bench or do you use them for several client drives / a longer time?

Greets

Robert

Post subject: Re: Ultrasonic Bath / Cleaner - Your Research Versus Mine
PostPosted: August 25th, 2019, 6:19 

crashpcberlin wrote:
Hey, just a short question about a very basic btw... do you use one-way gloves for your work under the bench or do you use them for several client drives / a longer time?

Greets

Robert

Robert ,
I use 1 pair of gloves per case , Even When its 5 to 15 minutes inspection i will never reuse the gloves

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com